Sunday, March 13, 2016

Tale of 40k Gamers - Glen #4 Word Bearers

I have completed my first full 10 man squad of Word Bearers.  Like the previous miniatures they are all taken from the Betrayal at Calth set.  In the second five I added the ever versatile missile launcher, it should do the trick vs other forces in the group project.

Now all of the squad have not only freehand geometric  symbols and scripture, but all Legion markings with transfers.  I don't usually use transfers but the ones included look pretty good.  Two coats of varnish should keep theme in good order.

Next up on the painting table will be the final part of my initial pledge, the Contemptor Dreadnought and also a Deathwing Land Raider for a friend.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you put the transfers? On the shoulders? It all looks freehand to me (excellent freehand btw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes on the shoulders but you can barely see them in the photos. Cheers on the compliment, yes all the scripture and symbols on the leg plates are freehand.

      Delete