Friday, April 7, 2017

Magnetic Basing

When I moved into WHFB several years ago, something I ventured into was magnetic basing.

Tired of knocking over 40 skeletons and having to re rank them, packing up 200+ models before and after a game, and trying to transport them, I knew I had to change something.

I went through a few iterations of different methods before I settled on the current process. Thankfully playing Infinity and Malifaux means fewer models to complete but is still working well.

First I grab a model, like this nice shiny new bashi bazouks



Tip it over


Grab out some super glue and spak filler, along with your magnet of choice. I find 5mm x 1mm a good size for 25mm based metal models, or 30mm based plastics.


Fill the base with some spak filler.

 

Place a magnet on whatever board you are working on, then add a drop of super glue



Press the model onto the magnet.



Check the base is flush afterwards and leave for a good 12 hours to set. Then you can transport your models on any metal surface (like an oven tray) inside any suitable container (sistema is awesome)




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Công ty vận chuyển hàng nước ngoài FadoExpress hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi úcgửi hàng đi đài loan uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete